Has this ever happened to you?
- Walk around the house and wonder where all the “stuff” came from
- Find that you’ve put everything under beds and shoved in closets and drawers
- Feel anxious when you walk in the house
- Never feel done with chores
- Procrastinate paying bills and reconciling accounts
How to start. . . .
- Pick a small task, start a timer and finish it within an hour
- Pick one day a week devoted to organizing — no more than 2 hours and write it on your calendar
- Put on your favorite podcast, music or tv show to keep you interested in finishing
- Hire someone to help you start
I want this for you. I want to make it fun and something you look forward to. I want you to have more time for the things you want to do and not feel weighed down by clutter.
Tips to start . . . .
- Watch the Marie Kondo Series On Netflix ;
- Follow Clea and Joanna on their instagram organzing journey The Home Edit — they have built an amazing business and their pictures are inspiring ;
- Go to The Container Store and just browse all the possibilities for your home (it’s better to walk the aisles first, then you can shop online ;
- Make a list of all of your bank accounts, credit cards and loans to start painting a picture of your finances — You can start with Mint Money Manager it’s free ;
- Start following Houzz on Facebook for ideas and pictures of your dream home ;
- Walk your neighborhood to see what you drive past every day!